We have several special projects we will be starting on or around July 4, and if you have a project you like to work on, why not send us a note and see if we can get a team of volunteers to help.
Our newest project is to solicit suggestions where this project should be in it’s 50th year. Suggestions are:
- Make it more obvious that PG wants error messages–how to write them, where to send them, etc.
- Make it more obvious that PG will send DVD’s so the people who have to pay by the megabyte can use PG.
- An extensive library of human read audiobooks.
- Please make it more obvious how to do PG eBooks for Kindle, Sony, nook, and other eReaders.
- More current books under Creative Commons licenses. More apps for cellphones. A model to encourage new writers to share their work in the same spirit. Showcase how people who used to be on the bad sides of various digital divides enjoyed and benefitted.
- Please add more bookshelves, particularly one to do eBooks from each country and make sure each one has at least one eBook to show how it can be done.
- Proofread the Top 100 or so downloaded books to the point where we they approach perfection.
So right now I’d like as many volunteers as possible to let me know if they would like to proofread Top Tens.
Send all emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org